Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Addison

As I sit here making decorations for Addison's 1st birthday I can't help but look back at a year and remember walking around the neighborhood trying to go into labor. I remember not being able to sleep and finally when I did fall asleep the alarm went off to go to the hospital. Kaleb stayed with his cousin Logan that night and I just couldn't wait to meet this little blessing God had entrusted me with.


The delivery was fairly easy considering I didn't have any drugs. Addison came into this world at 11:57 am on August 19 weighing in at a whopping 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 18 1/2 in. long. I could not believe that God had given me a girl, considering I was the only one out of my friends who really didn't think having a girl would be a good thing. Let me tell you something she has been the biggest blessing and addition to my life. She can brighten a day with her sweet little giggle and her smile shines for everyone around. She has softened my heart and allowed me to get over many things that needed to be defeated. I feel like she wasn't a baby very long because she started crawling at 5 months, talking at 6 months and then walking at 9 months. God definitely knew what he was doing when he sent us Addi.


Kaleb is such a great big brother from carrying her around the house, to finding her pacifier if needed and taking her for rides on his John Deere Tractor. Branden and I have been so blessed; although at times they may test us we could not be more proud of our children. We know that God has miraculous plans for them and we can't wait to see them walk them out through Him. Thank you Lord for entrusting us with these precious jewels may we bring them up in accordance to your ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment