Monday, May 30, 2011

My heart

After reading the book “Heaven is for Real” by Todd Burpo my mind has been going to places I didn’t even think were possible and has given me a since of really desiring to be in Heaven with Jesus and living that way and meeting new people and seeing people who I used to know. Sometimes I wonder if I am making the right moves or doing enough to be able to get to meet God face to face. It should be so simple to be a Christian but sometimes it just isn’t because we complicate it.

I have seriously been tracing my steps and watching my every move to see if I am truly showing God’s light or just being another everyday Christian. I want to be different, I want to be set apart, and I desire God to be ever-present in my heart and future. My heart is aching to do the right things, to be grateful and thankful in all circumstances. It would be so easy to follow Him, why am I complicating this and making it so hard? My heart right now is in the verse in

                                Psalm 119:125 states “I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statues.”
I want discernment to know how to raise my children, how to be a respectful wife, how to be happy for others, how to study His word and learn all the things he desires for me. I am so grateful to serve such an understanding and forever Father. I am so grateful for His forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment